Online Self Defense Courses
At Shoken Self Defense we provide professional online self defense courses for REAL world situations to help people of all ages stay safe by being smart and being prepared. Invest in your personal safety, and that of your family, with an online self defense class today.
We insure our homes, our cars, our tvs, even our cell phones. Yet we don’t invest in our own safety and the safety of our loved ones. Now is the time.
Our Mission Is To Make EVERYONE Safer
Instructor and owner, Mark Roscoe, combines over 30 years of martial arts training and teaching, close quarter combat techniques, firearms instruction, experience in private and corporate security, and the study of criminal psychology to deliver the most inclusive street wise self-defense possible. This is NOT martial arts – no uniforms, belts or bowing! If you’re looking for practical self-defense that includes avoidance, awareness, and real world application, then you’ll want to explore the variety of online self defense courses we offer.
Now Is The Time To Invest In Your Safety!
Choose From Our Selection of Online Self Defense Courses Below:
You may have received some advice that I've also been given: "When getting into an altercation, stare your opponent down." In other...
In an effort to continually add value to the training at Shoken Self-Defense Academy, Instructor Mark Roscoe recently received the C.O.B.R.A....
Online Self Defense Basic Course
The Basic Course is the best starting point for every student. This course will lay the foundation for your self defense training. The course includes lessons on awareness, prevention and avoidance, The information in this course will help you start building a plan that will keep you safe 99% of the time. And for the other 1%, we offer the Advanced Online Self Defense Course where we’ll teach you street savvy, easy to learn and remember, physical self defense that is built from real world experiences.
We specialize in group self defense seminars for small businesses, corporations, neighborhood and civic groups, schools, and other organizations. From personal protection plans to life saving active shooter response courses, you’ll find a self defense solution that’s right for your specific group, or we’ll modify one to fit!
Group Self-Defense Seminars
Latest from Our Self Defense Blog…
No one has the right to take your future, your possessions, or your potential, but that's exactly what happens when you become the victim of a violent crime. While we live in one of the safest countries in the world, our news media are filled with story...
Many people believe that all fights ultimately end up on the ground. And this can be true, as most physical altercations are unskilled individuals, so they're going to the ground because they don't know anything else. If you watch young kids, they always try to tackle...
You may have received some advice that I've also been given: "When getting into an altercation, stare your opponent down." In other words, stare the person dead in the eyes. Maybe that works for school yard bullies....maybe...but it's not the best advice...
In an effort to continually add value to the training at Shoken Self-Defense Academy, Instructor Mark Roscoe recently received the C.O.B.R.A. Self-Defense Certification. This program adds value to the ongoing training of our students and ensures we are staying...
The simple answer is: Everyone can benefit from a self-defense course!The ability to improve your personal protection through situational awareness, understanding the psychology of criminals, detecting and avoiding dangerous situations, and if needed,...
A question we get many times during our self-defense training seminars is people wanting to know the difference between martial arts and self-defense.Many people mistakenly think self-defense is all about blocking, punching and kicking. Or that somehow you...
Shoken Self Defense
Shoken Self-Defense was created to help people live safer lives through education and preparation. By understanding criminal intent, victim selection and proper self-defense responses, everyone can learn to avoid danger, reduce threats and stay safe.
Each course is taught by Senior Instructor, Mark Roscoe, a life-long martial artist (since 1982), who’s been involved in Personal and Corporate Security since 1999. Mr. Roscoe has been awarded several degrees of black belt in Okinawan Karate, holds a world champion title in Black Belt Kumite, received multiple certifications through C.O.B.R.A. Self-Defense, is a Certified Firearms and Personal Safety Instructor, Certified MATA Instructor, and continues to train in the disciplines of street savvy self-defense to bring you the best information and training available to keep you and your family safe.
© 2020 Shoken Self-Defense
8005-C Creighton Parkway Unit #252
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Tel: (804) 997-1924